• Kids In Sport (KIS) ($375,000) -- More than 6,000 girls and boys, ages 7-17, will be served through baseball, basketball, softball, soccer, and volleyball.
• LA’s BEST (Better Educated Students for Tomorrow) ($300,000) -- the grant will enable LA’s BEST to offer softball, basketball, flag football and soccer to LAUSD elementary schools youngsters.
• Southern California Tennis Association ($150,000) -- to provide tennis instruction and equipment to 8,500 youngsters at more than 150 sites throughout Southern California.
• The Los Angeles Parks Foundation ($100,000) -- to assist in the construction of an adaptive baseball field. This would be the first sports field in the City of Los Angeles Recreation and Parks system to be built specifically for disabled youth.
• Friends of EXPO Center ($75,000) -- to provide learn-to-swim lessons during the school day to more than 4,000 youth from elementary, middle and high schools in the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum area.
• The Boys & Girls Club of the Los Angeles Harbor ($80,000) -- to improve their sports facilities.
• Variety Boys & Girls Club (Boyle Heights) ($50,000) -- to improve their sports facilities.
• The Boys & Girls Club of West San Gabriel Valley ($40,000) -- to expand its teen sports program.
• The Westchester YMCA ($35,000) -- to expand its Junior Lakers basketball league.
• LA SCORES (Palms) ($30,000) -- funding for their soccer programs.
• Catholic Charities of Los Angeles, Inc. ($25,000) -- funding for their soccer programs.
• Swim Torrance ($15,000) -- for scholarships to those youngsters pursuing competitive swimming.
• The Academic Basketball Association ($12,000) -- for uniforms and gym rental for the basketball program serving youngsters in the Carson/Compton area.
Under the Foundation’s small grants program, 11 organizations were awarded grants up to $10,000 each to assist them in their sports programming.
Calabasas Track Club Inc. -- ($10,000)
Chatsworth Youth Sports, Inc. -- ($10,000)
El Sereno Stallions Football and Cheer Inc. -- ($10,000)
Los Angeles Table Tennis Association -- ($10,000)
Monrovia Youth Baseball League -- ($10,000)
North Valley Athletic Club, Inc. -- ($10,000)
RowLA -- ($8,000)
Simi Track Club Inc. -- ($10,000)
United Track Club Inc. (Agoura Hills) -- ($10,000)
Us Too Gymnastics Inc. (Lake Forest) -- ($10,000)
West Valley Eagles Track Club Incorporated (West Hills) -- ($10,000).